DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830Vn - setup configure WAN2

More
08 Apr 2014 14:05 #79598 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2830Vn - setup configure WAN2
the wan 1 has a built in adsl port which means can connect it direct to one of the 2 phone lines ... if you want to connect an other line then you need to connect at wan 2 the other line via the supplied modem of your isp and set at wan general setup > wan 2 enable (tick the load balance small box) & then at wan internet access> wan 2> set according the needings of the line parameters (static or dynamic ip)

Here you may have to bridge the supplied TT modem and use at wan 2 >> internet acess settings with PPPoE, MTU 1432, & the username & password of your account
Once this is been done you need to go at load balance at the router and see this guide if helps you
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5181&Itemid=293&lang=en

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• goldwynfox
  • Topic Author
More
08 Apr 2014 15:49 #79599 by goldwynfox
Replied by goldwynfox on topic Re: Vigor 2830Vn - setup configure WAN2
Do i have to configure TalkTalk Router first prior connecting to Vigor2830Vn for configurations.

If yes, is there gona be any problem having DHCP enabled on TalkTalk Router which hands out IP addresses (192.168.1.X) different then IP addresses specified on Vigor2830Vn (192.168.43.X).

Plus can i use any LAN port on TalkTalk Router to connect to WAN2 Port on Vigor2830Vn.

Thanks

More
08 Apr 2014 16:56 #79600 by babis3g
i don't know which modem you have & also if you have business account it can be different settings
when i was with TT, i was with the residential and i had dynamic ip and an old d-link 2680 (adsl)

The simplest way to getting started is to set the TT modem at bridge mode but it is possible to change the ip address of the modem as long is not vdsl which is locket)
Is it a fibre or adsl connection, both connections? and what the modem model of the TT?

• goldwynfox
  • Topic Author
More
09 Apr 2014 09:31 #79603 by goldwynfox
its business account with two Technicolor TG582n PRO routers. Both adsl lines have static ips.

I think i have managed to configure/connect both lines. Vigor2830Vn status shows that both lines are connected.

How can i enable Load Balance for WAN1. In case WAN1(PPPoA) got too much traffic, 2830vn should divert its traffic on WAN2(Static IP)?

Thanks

More
09 Apr 2014 13:17 #79611 by babis3g
when had 2 connections i just ticked the wan 1 and all traffic was diverted there ... if tick wan 2 then all traffic will direct there
for more policies see this link if helps you
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5181&Itemid=293&lang=en
http://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb/kb_load_balancing.html

• goldwynfox
  • Topic Author
More
10 Apr 2014 11:04 #79623 by goldwynfox
Hi,

I am still having issue while configuring load balance policy/backup.

In WAN > general setup > WAN1: Active Mode: Always on, Load Balance: checked
for WAN2: Active Mode: Backup, Load Balance: Checked and WAN1 is checked.

can i configure wan2 both as backup for wan1 and load balance as well.

There is load balance/Route policy section which is confusing me about src ip start, end, destination ip, etc.

Moderators: Sami