DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860 with BT Infinity static IP

More
09 Apr 2014 11:18 #79607 by iaina
Hi,

We had a Draytek 2850 running on out BT Infinity business connection until it died last week. Its been replaced with 2860 but I'm having problems getting it working with the static ip address.

I'm using the Draytek as the vdsl modem so no BT modem just the 2860. It connects ok and I can browse the internet etc. The problem is that its picking up a different IP address on each boot and not the static ip we've been assigned. I've tried setting the IP address in the Interent access settings but that stops all communication in and out.

As the router wasn't supplied by BT they haven't been any help yet. The old router (2850) is completely dead so I'm unable to get any settings from that. I've not had this much of a problem before so I assume I'm just missing something obvious, does anyone have any experience of getting a static ip working on ?BT with the 2860?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2014 13:21 #79612 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2860 with BT Infinity static IP
it could be bug
you can try the new firmware, if helps i am not sure
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/v3.7.4.1/
or maybe if you register your devices at LAN >> Bind IP to MAC (enable)
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1802&Itemid=293&lang=en

More
10 Apr 2014 19:25 #79642 by nick101
Replied by nick101 on topic Re: Draytek 2860 with BT Infinity static IP
I have the same setup as you - 2860, replacing the BT modem.

All the internet access is on the PPoE/PPoA tab - the MPoA/Static or Dynamic IP is disabled

On the PPoE/PPoA tab, I have Fixed IP Yes and my base IP address

WAN IP Alias identified the other IPs in the group of 5 I have available *but only the base address has Join NAT IP Pool checked* (this resolved an issue I had where the IP address changed).

Hope that helps - let me know. I can post screen shots if need be

More
29 May 2014 13:31 #80171 by jimmyn
Replied by jimmyn on topic Re: Draytek 2860 with BT Infinity static IP
Ha! I have exactly the same problem - its because BT use a weird double NAT set up, your static IP gets nat'd to another IP - I'm pretty sure you need to enter the static IP in the PPPOE details. I'm doing this later today - will let you know if it works.

More
24 Jun 2014 11:18 #80367 by net4orce
Replied by net4orce on topic Re: Draytek 2860 with BT Infinity static IP
Did you get any where with this setup? I've got it working as you've cited above, but the moment I use a static IP outbound connections fail.

Moderators: Sami