DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Smart Monitor set up

More
11 Apr 2014 10:47 #1 by afterdark
Smart Monitor set up was created by afterdark
Hi. I am trying to get the Smart Monitor (v2.4.2) working with a 2920 router, which the monitor says it is authenticated with but I am not getting data. I say no data but it is just a few KBs and has hardly changed at all over the day, despite normal usage. I have tried installing it on an XP laptop and a Windows 7 laptop but it is the same.

When I first started the monitor (and made sure it was using the right interface), it immediately saw all the connected PCs, so it clearly is working at some level. I have tried plugging the laptop into a port on the router and then mirroring the main network port to it, and also just plugging it into the Netgear ProSafe Switch that all the PCs plug into, but it is still the same.

The only thing it does show in the Protocol list is POP3 traffic but otherwise, there is no traffic shown for HTTP etc. I have tried watching a YouTube video on one PC but it doesn't show any increase on the traffic against that PC.

Are there some settings that I need to look at? This is potentially a great tool but maybe there are some limitations that I haven't realised?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami