DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 + Huawei E3131 3G USB Modem

• stevepritchard
  • Topic Author
More
01 May 2014 20:06 #79809 by stevepritchard
2860 + Huawei E3131 3G USB Modem was created by stevepritchard
Can anybody offer any gems of wisdom on how to set up a 3G modem on the 2860? The only reference I can find isn't for the new style of firmware.

I've tried a few variations of the setup - default initialisation string, and changing the APN (3internet, and three.co.uk), but it doesn't seem to attempt to connect. Is there any way to get any diagnostics out of it, or am I missing some (less than) obvious setting somewhere?

Cheers,

Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stevepritchard
  • Topic Author
More
02 May 2014 09:05 #79811 by stevepritchard
Replied by stevepritchard on topic Re: 2860 + Huawei E3131 3G USB Modem
For anybody stumbling across this in future, I can possibly save you some of the time I wasted...

If you set up the 3G WAN connection as a backup for other WAN connections then it won't show any signs of life until those connections go down.

I was expecting to see a signal strength or something even when it wasn't actively connected, and when it didn't show anything I thought it wasn't working properly. It was only when I plugged it into USB2, which I hadn't configured correctly, and it was still set as "Always On" that I noticed I was getting a connection along with signal strength stats.

I hope that helps somebody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami