DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2920 throughput

• triode
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2014 14:08 #79822 by triode
2920 throughput was created by triode
Can anyone tell me what the expected maximum WAN2-LAN throughput would be on a 2920 (non-VPN) with the DoS defence & URL content filter enabled?

I'm sure that I've read somewhere that throughput drops off with the firewall & CSM features enabled.

I'm planning on using this with a modem on a FTTC line (rated 80/20 - currently getting ~ 75/18).

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2014 15:15 #79824 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2920 throughput
When had Virgin Media it did clocked 105 Mbps with the 10 Up VM was offering... (both) DoS & the default firewall was on (but never used the URL filtering if this will cost any issue) ... i am not any longer with them to say if will handle their new 120 speed
Use the wan 2 which is giga and also disable the other wan (1) if you are not using it because may stolen some CPU power if you going to clock over 100Mbps

More
05 May 2014 07:50 #79830 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2920 throughput
I think it's rated at max 90mb/s...see
http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/comparison

so if you already have the router then it should be fine there's always a. Bit of an overhead but don't expect the connection date to be exactly the same as the throughput.

Forum Administrator

More
10 May 2014 18:21 #79944 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: 2920 throughput
It used to handle more but I guess as more features got enabled they had to drop the available through put. Hence my sad experience of a 2960 when virgin upgraded.

Moderators: Sami