freedns.afraid.org DDNS on 2860n

• fanndax
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2014 23:57 #79829 by fanndax
freedns.afraid.org DDNS on 2860n was created by fanndax
Hi
How to configure freedns.afraid.org DDNS on a 2860n
After it took me a while to figure out - I thought I'd do something useful and pass this on.

Although freedns.afraid.org is in the list of DDNS providers to choose from, you cannot get it to function from there.

Firstly I had to upgrade the firmware to 3.7.4.1. If you want to upgrade the firmware download it from the support site. Use the .all file to update the firmware and keep your settings. The .rst file upgrades the firmware and applies factory settings. Draytek - please put this in the README !!!

The reason you need to upgrade the firmware is that this release adds a "customized" option to the list of DDNS options. You need to use this to use the freedns.afraid.org DDNS. Once you have created your account on freedns.afraid.org click the Dynamic DNS link and you will see your domain listed. When you click the Direct URL link it will update the domain with your current external ip address. Copy and paste the URL in the address bar and paste it into the relevant place on the customized DDNS option page. You can copy the entire URL into the Service API windows and then take out the host name before the /dynamic/.... These are my settings. Fields not specified below are blank or default

WAN Interface = WAN1 First
Service Provider = Customized
Provider Host = freedns.afraid.org
Service API = /dynamic/update.php?<your specific string>
Auth Type = basic
Connection Type = Http
Login Name = <your freedns.afraid.org login name>
Password = <your freedns.afraid.org login password>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2014 12:15 #79980 by rafkat
Replied by rafkat on topic Re: freedns.afraid.org DDNS on 2860n
Many thanks @fanndax. Works perfectly!!!

fanndax wrote: Hi
How to configure freedns.afraid.org DDNS on a 2860n
After it took me a while to figure out - I thought I'd do something useful and pass this on.

Although freedns.afraid.org is in the list of DDNS providers to choose from, you cannot get it to function from there.

Firstly I had to upgrade the firmware to 3.7.4.1. If you want to upgrade the firmware download it from the support site. Use the .all file to update the firmware and keep your settings. The .rst file upgrades the firmware and applies factory settings. Draytek - please put this in the README !!!

The reason you need to upgrade the firmware is that this release adds a "customized" option to the list of DDNS options. You need to use this to use the freedns.afraid.org DDNS. Once you have created your account on freedns.afraid.org click the Dynamic DNS link and you will see your domain listed. When you click the Direct URL link it will update the domain with your current external ip address. Copy and paste the URL in the address bar and paste it into the relevant place on the customized DDNS option page. You can copy the entire URL into the Service API windows and then take out the host name before the /dynamic/.... These are my settings. Fields not specified below are blank or default

WAN Interface = WAN1 First
Service Provider = Customized
Provider Host = freedns.afraid.org
Service API = /dynamic/update.php?
Auth Type = basic
Connection Type = Http
Login Name =
Password =

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami