DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Time restrictions

• trevdance
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2014 10:47 #79956 by trevdance
Time restrictions was created by trevdance
DOes anyone know how to apply time restrictions to the internet for a set of IP addresses?

I would like to restrict access to the internet to IP address range 192.168.1.40 to 192.168.1.49 from 9:30pm to 8:00am and restrict access to the internet to IP address range 192.168.1.50 to 192.168.1.59 from 10:30pm to 8:00am

All connections are wireless and all IP addresses are Bind IP to MAC.

I can only see to setup a bandwidth limit for these addresses but cannot separate the times?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2014 13:23 #79962 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Time restrictions
Is this what you looking for? (time quota)
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5277&Itemid=293&lang=en

• trevdance
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2014 13:31 #79963 by trevdance
Replied by trevdance on topic Re: Time restrictions
Not really, There would be no logon page if someone is using an ipad or phone to use skype?

I just need to be able to set different time restrictions to different IP addresses.

More
12 May 2014 14:38 #79965 by babis3g
see this thread if helps you, perhaps instead of blocking TCP can be done with ip addrees
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1280785

1. Check if the system time setup is right.(System Maintenance >> Time and Date)
2. setup a time schedule(Applications >> Schedule)
3. setup a rule to block tcp traffic, fill the schedule index in schedule setup field of this rule.

you may also try at Objects Setting >> IP Object , and then at applications schedule
http://superuser.com/questions/655154/limiting-internet-access-on-certain-pcs

More
12 May 2014 14:56 #79966 by babis3g
Looking the menus of my 2830n at Wireless LAN >> Access Control there is an option but is via mac then create white list

Other way may helps you via Wireless LAN >> General Setup under this page has a schedule ( Associated Schedule Profiles) ....perhaps via this redirection can create a rule but never tried (it does not look is via ip either)

• trevdance
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2014 16:32 #79968 by trevdance
Replied by trevdance on topic Re: Time restrictions

babis3g wrote: Looking the menus of my 2830n at Wireless LAN >> Access Control there is an option but is via mac then create white list

Other way may helps you via Wireless LAN >> General Setup under this page has a schedule ( Associated Schedule Profiles) ....perhaps via this redirection can create a rule but never tried (it does not look is via ip either)

Yes I could do it that way, but there is no time schedule for that feature, also some clients connect via a 2nd AP.

Also under Wireless LAN >> General Setup, the schedule applies to the wireless LAN which is no good as I still want to be able to connect to the internet whilst I want to make sure the others don't after 2 different time shots hence my problem, otherwise I can setup bandwidth limit for all IP's I want to block after a certain time of day.

Moderators: Sami