DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 static IP no NAT

• faris
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2014 13:57 #79964 by faris
2860 static IP no NAT was created by faris
I've managed to confuse myself terribly about the best way to do what I want to do on a 2860.

Basically I have a VDSL connection with a public IP subnet, and I want to map one of those IPs to a particular device on my network.

The key thing is that I don't want to use NAT - I want to configure the NIC on the device to be directly exposed with the appropriate public IP without using any private IPs on the device I'm exposing. To put it another way, I want all traffic for public IP a.b.c.d routed directly to a device with a MAC address of [whatever].

On the 2860, as far as I can tell I need to use the "LAN > General Setup > (click on the Details button for the IP Routed Subnet), where I would enter the public subnet on the left hand part of the page.

Is that the right place to do this?

If it is, what I can't figure out is what to do on the right hand part of the page. I can see that I can enter a DHCP start IP and pool count, and I can also enter the NIC's MAC address, but I can't figure out how to specify "this MAC always gets this public IP".

Can someone point me in the right direction please? Am I over-thinking this? http://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18692 implies that you just create the subnet, set the appropriate IP on the NIC of the device, and nothing more needs to be done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2014 13:48 #79974 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2860 static IP no NAT
On lans 2-6 you can change the mode from NAT to IP Routed. Give the LAN you select the Public Subnet you have and then assigned the Public IP to the device you want.

• faris
  • Topic Author
More
14 May 2014 00:05 #79977 by faris
Replied by faris on topic Re: 2860 static IP no NAT
Thanks.

Hmm...Seems I need to enable VLANs to enable LAN2+ (which is OK, but not what I need)

I can't figure out the difference between the LAN2+ and the IP Routed Subnet option mind you.

Moderators: Sami