Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 Series - VLAN/LAN - Inter-LAN Routing

• hire-level
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2014 11:44 #80089 by hire-level
2860 Series - VLAN/LAN - Inter-LAN Routing was created by hire-level
Hi

I'm not 100% sure when it comes to the terminologies of what I am trying to achieve with my Draytek 2860 Router.

Basically I have 6 LAN's all separated via VLAN physical ports i.e LAN 1 = P1, LAN 2 = P2 and so on. I have a server on LAN4 that I want all LAN's to access and this is where I am coming unstuck. I have so far tried Inter-LAN routing and Static Routes with no success.

I am now beginning to wonder have I setup the LAN's correctly? Each LAN has been setup with the DHCP Server Configuration Start IP and Gateway IP for that specific LAN. When is comes to the network configuration of the LAN I have selected: Enable - For NAT Usage and entered the IP address and Subnet matching the DHCP Server Configuration I had entered. Is this correct?

I am at a loss of what to try next and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2014 13:19 #80090 by babis3g
Until a user with knowledge for vlan see your post, take a look at some user guides if helps
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5204&Itemid=3781&lang=en
http://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb/kb_vigor_8021qvlan.html
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?searchword=vlan&searchphrase=all&option=com_search&lang=en

• hire-level
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2014 13:42 #80091 by hire-level
Replied by hire-level on topic Re: 2860 Series - VLAN/LAN - Inter-LAN Routing
Thanks for the links, I have gone over the config using these guides with no avail.

More
23 May 2014 17:00 #80130 by fryr
Probably not a useful post but at least you know you are not alone.

I tried to get this working but the interface and the tick boxes for inter vlan routing defeated me so I ended up putting in a cheapish second hand 8 port Cisco 3560 and let it do the vlan routing instead. I seem to remember at the time that I did find a bug in the Draytek firmware which was fixed in a later version, which I tested, but I had already decided to go down the more traditional route of using a Cisco router.

More
18 Sep 2014 16:15 #81246 by jay.acharya
Replied by jay.acharya on topic Re: 2860 Series - VLAN/LAN - Inter-LAN Routing
hi all

im facing a similar issue at the moment , the internet team kindly help me get the internet working on both the Vlans but the 2 devices do not talk to each other. any help in this will be appreciated as i am on the stage of pulling my hair out for this now

Regards,
Jay

More
18 Sep 2014 20:11 #81251 by admin
Not enough info... are these private LANs (i.e. private IP subnets) or routed IP ? I'm not sure static routes work between the routers own networks as what would the gateway be?

If they are physical VLANs, then you just tick the boxes to set which VLANs and which WLANs are common to each other. I did it last week and it worked but maybe your setup is more complex.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami