DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 vs skype/hangouts

• replabrobin
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2014 14:33 #80092 by replabrobin
2830 vs skype/hangouts was created by replabrobin
Hi, I'm having some troubles where our 2830n sb router seems to block all new connections. We seem to see this with usage of skyp / google hangouts. Is there something I can do to mitigate this? I see references to QoS maybe interfering with dns, but how can I check that? I've tried getting the email alert to work, but it doesn't seem to work with my standard gmail login.

I considered upgrading to latest firmware; firmware is currently

Model Name : Vigor2830n
Firmware Version : 3.6.3_sb_232201
Build Date/Time : Sep 17 2012 16:18:48

previously when I did this I always had a copy of the older firmware, but I cannot find the original of this. Looking in the ftp area seems too indicate that 3.6.1sb was built in 2011 which seems contrary to the build date reported above.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2014 18:19 #80097 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830 vs skype/hangouts
it may be more complicate your case so not remember at the menus of the 3.6.3 firmware how was but try at
Bandwidth Management >> Quality of Service > to turn on Enable the First Priority for VoIP SIP/RTP:

Also if you have any rules with QoS if is possible disable (inactive) the QoS and see how is going

Have you updated skype version? personal i have find skype has few lags in general even with other brands models i had

If you will update (latest firmware is 3.6.7) is not recommended to use backup file with so many firmwares ahead gap (to avoid previous firmware conflicts) also it needs the use of the *rst* extension file (this will set back everything to factory defaults) and all settings manually back from the begin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami