DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Hotspotsystem and vigor 2860n

More
21 May 2014 20:09 #80099 by mrleach
Hotspotsystem and vigor 2860n was created by mrleach
I am trying to set up a free hotspot similar to one i've done before you have to install the software on a router that has had it firmware altered. The successful one works fine. I thought that i would install the same software on a more up to date router the Ubiquiti NanoStation Loco M2. Everything went well I plug it into my BT Modem router and it worked. I then setup a Vigor 2860n for a client connected their equipment to it and they could browse the internet no problem. I then plugged the Ubiquiti hotspot into a lan port, although it got an ip address when a laptop was connected to it the logon page did not come up and the default windows no internet available came up. Are there some settings that need to be enabled on the vigor? After 3 days and multiple resets of both bits of kit I am at a loss :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2014 23:45 #80103 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Hotspotsystem and vigor 2860n
i don't have the named hotspot but if the 2860 is giving ip or responding, is it possible at this unit to enable or disable its DHCP option?and see if makes difference?
also at the pc that is connected can you check its ip if is automatic (network & sharing centre) ... if it is auto the obtain ip , try set manually one which is at the range of the unit and see if it is communicate?

More
22 May 2014 08:32 #80105 by mrleach
Replied by mrleach on topic Re: Hotspotsystem and vigor 2860n
The name of the hotspot is Hotspotsystem. the DHCP function needs to be enabled so that the software can hand out the ip of the hotspot server. I will give the lan side of the unit a different ip address again. Computers, tablets and phones coming on to the site will just need to connect to the hotspot and just log on. It is impractical to give each unit a fixed ip address.

More
22 May 2014 10:37 #80107 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Hotspotsystem and vigor 2860n
If you are using wan 2 go at load balance / route policy & tick wan 1 & wan 2 then ok, if will make difference
also i am not sure you may need set Vlan
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5204&Itemid=3781&lang=en
http://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb/kb_vigor_8021qvlan.html

Moderators: Sami