DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can't access admin interface.

• chroberts39
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2014 22:17 #80200 by chroberts39
Can't access admin interface. was created by chroberts39
Hello, can anyone help with my problem ?

I have aVigor 2830n that has been up and working for 2 weeks but I have today found I cannot access the admin interface.

I can still access the internet but when I type in the 192.168.1.1 to my Safari browser i get an error saying Safari cannot connect to server.

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2014 23:29 #80201 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Can't access admin interface.
Check if you have change ip at the pc/laptop you are trying to log into the modem, maybe the pc ip range is out of the vigor
with windows is at network & sharing centre>connections>properties>ipv4

Try another browser
Try with wifi & via ethernet cable if both have issues
Check the opera browser if has enable any extra security extra setting, clear cookies, browse & history of the browser
Check proxy settings at the browser

Try ping the vigor (ping 192.168.1.1) ... if is pinging ok it may be issue at the ip or dhcp range pc or vigor

• chroberts39
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jun 2014 00:08 #80234 by chroberts39
Replied by chroberts39 on topic Re: Can't access admin interface.
babis3g, thanks for your reply, I have had to take it offline at the moment until I have time to troubleshoot.

I will work through the suggestions made below and let this thread know. It seems strange that i can get out onto the internet but i can't get into the admin interface of my router. I must add that I have enabled the LAN > Bind ip addresses (not strict). wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Cheers,

Colin

More
04 Jun 2014 09:06 #80235 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Can't access admin interface.
if you loosing the admin interface, i think as first option is to tick the auto log out because by default after 5-10 min it does log out and need to log back in each time, guessing you are trying remotely could be more complicate

If you enable bind ip to mac you need to register your devices (give static ip) ... in this case you may need at System Maintenance >> Management >> to register up 3 devices at the list where can access the interface
(Access List from the Internet)
... but for me i don't use servers,vpn, port forward etc ... with bind ip enable it works with out enable this feature and i have access to the interface each time
If you enable strict bind ... and you add devices at the right window, they will have access to the internet but other non register not
If you have not add or register any devices at the right window then no one will have access to the internet
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1802&Itemid=293&lang=en

Moderators: Sami