DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850 Web Interface dies after 5-10 minutes

• awhiteley
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2014 00:30 #80221 by awhiteley
Hi--

I have a Vigor2850 that I've recently setup (past weekend). I have it enabled for adsl and vdsl and connectivity is fine. After 15 minutes max (often shorter), the web interface just dies. I can ssh onto the unit and reset, but that's the only way I can get the web interface back. And life is just too short for me to learn all the CLI to finish setting it up.

I don't do much with this router. Just two cirucuit and two fixed IP blocks that I have assigned to various local hosts. That's about it. I don't run any of the apps (dyndns, upnp, no external authentication (radius or AD/LDAP).

I can't find any means of finding logs for the webserver/app. I honestly haven't scoured around the filesystem too much to find them.

Anyone with any ideas of how to at least diagnose the problem? Fix would be better but even just a start on how to find the actual issue would be great.

I'm running the latest firmware.

Apologies if this is a basic question. I haven't scoured the boards. But google seems pretty quiet on the issue.

thanks in advace

ajw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2014 01:02 #80222 by babis3g
perhaps it will help you if you go at System Maintenance >> Management > disable auto logout (tick) or maybe you need to enable some others settings for access wan or lan
If you tick disable auto log out it give you access all the time until you log out manually ... by default after 5-10 as you mentioned it does auto logout the menu interface

also at System Maintenance >> Admin Setting there are some extra options there
To find the logs you need to check at Diagnostics>>USB Application >> Syslog Explorer & enable web syslog then "all" from the drop window

I don't know which is the latest firmware you are using but the latest is here
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2850/Firmware/v3.6.6/Vigor2850_v3.6.6_AnnexA/
If you do upgrade you need to use the *rst* file extension (will set all settings back to factory defaults) and do back the settings manually with out any back up file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami