DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 no access when connecting DSL cable

• durite
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2014 16:20 #80270 by durite
I have a brand new 2860 which has been flashed to the latest 3.7.4.1 firmware pre setup. Set up just fine until I plug in the DSL cable then it will not respond, all the lights on the front would suggest its working normally but I can not access the web admin from inside or outside the network (or the internet), until I unplug the DSL cable then it's back to normal via the web interface locally.

I've had another 2860 attached with 3.7.4 which was working perfectly without issue until I flashed that with 3.7.4.1, something went wrong with the flash and it's now a brick.

Where can I download 3.7.4 which it came with to see if that works?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2014 22:00 #80276 by babis3g
My guess your unit is not from UK if shipped with 3.7.4

As first option is to disable upnp Applications >> UPnP, then plug the modem back in and see if works

If Not & you have adsl connection change the filter ... if still issues when plug in the modem into the phone socket with just a splitter only (use it alone not filter to it)
http://www.lankalaptophouse.com/image.php?type=P&id=17972

I had same issue with a newer firmware (but at different model) while the older firmware was working fine ... using the splitter only fixed the reboots
i think the reason is because has new or different modem code with this firmware

You will not find this firmware (3.7.4) not sure why but not even draytek has publish it
However i have it from the Greek Draytek support & is just how Taiwan has send it to them
* I am the one i have removed the file *
because is the *all" file you need master reset the unit after rolling back to it

Perhaps the admin will delete the link or post but because your unit came with this firmware i think you deserve to have it

• durite
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2014 12:45 #80282 by durite
Many thanks for the reply.

I had initially set the router up before I moved it into position. I have since factory reset it and firstly set up the VDSL which worked perfectly. This led me to believe it was a setting somewhere so I then systematically went through all my settings one by one until I got to the Syslog option.

All I wanted to do was log to the USB key not use a syslog server, however the interface would not let me continue until I put in a syslog address, I did this and then unticked the syslog option leaving only the USB checked with a bogus syslog address grayed out, this then accepted the settings but ground the router to a halt, unplug the DSL cable and it comes to life again.

I have now disabled the logging and it's working perfectly.

Hope that all makes sense. Would seem to be a firmware issue with it attempting to use the syslog server even though it's not selected. I shall send Draytek a note.

As for 3.7.4, It was purchased in the UK from a UK supplier. I too can not find any Draytek site containing this release, strange.

More
10 Jun 2014 20:27 #80288 by babis3g
I think this is really great founding which few users having issues with reboot so it may helps ... Thanks

Moderators: Sami