DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cannot access particular IP addresses

More
12 Jun 2014 10:05 #80301 by shaneoh
Cannot access particular IP addresses was created by shaneoh
Hi all,

We have been using a Vigor 2850 for a long time and recently purchased a 2860.

We run 2 internet connections which normally both feed into the 2850. Since getting the 2860 I have been running one of these connections through the 2860 to configure and test it. It's working - internet connection is fine. However, we have services running on servers in our internal network which are publicly exposed via the 2850, which we normally access using naked IP addresses such as 81.xxx.xxx.xx:8XXX. None of them at all are accessible via any machine connected to the 2860 - just a page unavailable message. The services are running and are accessible from anywhere in the world and our mobile connections, so I just can't figure this out. Has anyone had a similar issue?

We also lose around 90% of our speed when we go wireless. I expect some speed loss but that is crazy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2014 12:30 #80303 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Cannot access particular IP addresses
For the first issue if you have DoS enable try to unblock/untick "block ip options" & "block unsigned numbers"
If not works then try at Lan > General setup to add manually some dns servers at details page ... then again at Lan>General Setup there is a small box saying "force router to use dns at" so tick it

For the second issue are you very far from the wifi??because if yes it could be normal & also if are old devices in your network (with network card b or g) automatic it will slow down the network to the b or g protocol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami