DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830 + FW 3.6.7_sb_232201 = Allow management from WAN!

• spectrum
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2014 09:15 #80492 by spectrum
Hi,

Model Name : Vigor2830
Firmware Version : 3.6.7_sb_232201
Build Date/Time : Feb 26 2014 19:00:07

This is primarily a firmware bug report, not a request for help.

I have a customer who is hosting an onsite exchange server which has been in operation for quite some time, including mobile phones with ActiveSync collecting mail via OWA (which requies TCP443 be NAT'd to the exchange server).

I recently updated the firmware on the router after which the mobile phones stopped collecting email. When I initially tried to https:///OWA I was presented with the companies OWA site and started looking else where for the problem. However, when I tried to go to https:///OWA about an hour later I saw what looked like a 404 error from the Draytek router (white background, blue text etc - wish I'd taken a screemshot now!). Nothing had been changed on the router in the interim period.

I immediately checked that "Allow management from the Internet" was unticked (which it was) so I was somewhat confused! I've ended up changing the management port setup so that 443 (and 80 for that matter) isn't used by the draytek and OWA is accessible from the WAN now.

I'm pretty sure the router shouldn't be binding to TCP80 and TCP443 on the WAN interface if "Allow management from the Internet" is unticked?

Hope this prompts a new firmware and / or helps someone else out.

Cheers

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2014 09:25 #80870 by babis3g
I don't know if fix the reported bug issue, but today there is a new firmware 3.6.7.2 (SINGLE BAND) at Taiwan download pages

More
06 Aug 2014 16:24 #80873 by admin

spectrum wrote:
This is primarily a firmware bug report, not a request for help.

Best to make it to DrayTek; this is a help/user forum.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami