DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How to connect vigor 2110 router to bt infinity

• stevef23
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jul 2014 20:18 #80598 by stevef23
Does the Vigor 2110n router work with BT Infinity, or do I connect via the HomeHub. Or plug it straight into the phone line.
Confused...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2014 20:25 #80599 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: How to connect vigor 2110 router to bt infinity
The best way would be to have a VDSL modem (such as the white BT Openreach modems typically supplied with BT Infinity) and then connect the Vigor 2110n to that modem, which would then be connected to the VDSL line.

• stevef23
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jul 2014 21:22 #80600 by stevef23
Hmm thanks, it didn't come with a separate modem just the Homehub?

More
07 Jul 2014 21:47 #80601 by jmattwood
The Vigor 2760 ADSL/VDSL Router is similar and can connect directly to the FTTC line.

Orignal FTTC installs were via an Openreach modem, so you would have been able to connect your 2110's Ethernet WAN port to it. By the sound of it, your Homehub has a combined VDSL modem.

There are a number of Openreach Modems available on Ebay (never tried a second hand one myself), or you could purchase a 2760 instead.

More
07 Jul 2014 23:18 #80604 by babis3g
as mentioned the 2110 can not connect direct to the phone socket, it needs to connect in combination with the homehub or any other modem

The homehub is a modem/router and don't need to use the 2110 unless you want better settings than the homehub

IF you want a better one than the homehub or an alternative or to have an other one as an emergency, i also voting for a 2760n, is a modem/router all in one like the homehub with great range in wifi and better settings

You can also look at the 2860 but if you need it only for home use the 2760 is cheaper

Moderators: Sami