DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Connecting a 2710Vn to BT Openreach FTTC modem

• jasondp
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jul 2014 20:06 #80615 by jasondp
Today i've finally had my FTTC connection installed... however the nice people at the ISP "forgot" to send us a new router... so I'm left with my old Draytek 2710 and wondering what I can do with it... after all, it's got to be better than the rubbish the ISP will give me hasn't it?

Right now I've got limited connectivity by connecting a PPPoE connection direct from my iMac to the BT Openreach FTTC Modem... So I'm thinking there has to be a way of connecting the Draytek 2710 using a PPPoE bridge. Can anyone offer some help as to how I would do this... Getting a little out of my depth!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2014 00:23 #80618 by babis3g
You need to have a second incoming wan port, the 2710 has not so can not use it as router only, sorry, is only an adsl modem with a single wan & that is for use with the build in wan modem
Not sure if future firmware will allow this, i will reply back

For future reference you can look at the 2750 (old one - disconnected) 2850, 2760, 2860 ... them models have build in wan port so you can connect them direct to phone socket via their wan 1 & also they have a second incoming wan port to act as router only so you can connect any other modem including for FTTC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami