Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860Vn-plus

• anguel
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jul 2014 15:35 #80639 by anguel
Draytek 2860Vn-plus was created by anguel
Hi Everyone,
I have just upgraded to Fibre optic and purchased a 2860Vn-plus to replace my old 2820 Vigor, however I have run into a problem which I am not sure how to solve.

We have 3 SIP phones on the network which are preconfigured and all they need is internet connection to make and receive calls.

I have connected to new router (2860) successfully to the internet and I can make calls from the SIP Phones, however if someone rings us the phones are not ringing. I have tried everything I can thing of including disabling the ALG and SIP features of the router but nothing helps.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Anguel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2014 16:47 #80647 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Draytek 2860Vn-plus
Were you behind NAT previously too? Might need to use a proxy or STUN.... ask your ITSP perhaps.

Forum Administrator

• anguel
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jul 2014 17:23 #80649 by anguel
Replied by anguel on topic Re: Draytek 2860Vn-plus
I am really not sure but nothing has changed on my network. I am pretty sure I didn't have the old router using NAT. I have the proxy and STUN IP's from the SIP provider but not sure where to put them.

Any other suggestions?

More
11 Jul 2014 19:35 #80650 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: Draytek 2860Vn-plus

Anguel wrote: I am really not sure but nothing has changed on my network. I am pretty sure I didn't have the old router using NAT. I have the proxy and STUN IP's from the SIP provider but not sure where to put them.

Any other suggestions?

NATs make your life more difficult when it comes to VoIP. Of course, they're unavoidable if you don't have enough IPs.

If you are using a NAT, then you'll typically have to set your phones to contact the SIP provider's proxy server so that communications can go through the NAT.

What brand of SIP phone are you using?

More
11 Jul 2014 19:40 #80651 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Draytek 2860Vn-plus
is any answer machine set?
Maybe server problem?
VoIP >> Phone Settings do not disturb mode by mistake? or something missing from VoIP >> DialPlan Setup

• anguel
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jul 2014 23:14 #80656 by anguel
Replied by anguel on topic Re: Draytek 2860Vn-plus
I am guessing the NAT is on. I only have one public IP address. The telephones we are using are SIP enabled phones and they do have proxy servers set it them. No DND or Voicemail on. If I use the router supplied by the provider I do get calls but the router is some sort of a cheap make and does not handle VoIP very well, despite plenty of bandwidth.

Any other recommendations

Moderators: Sami