• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
23 Jul 2014 20:46 #80772 by babis3g
Wifi Guess Issue? was created by babis3g
Hi i am posting (perhaps) an issue with few models
when i turn on wifi guest it has more signal strength than the normal default wifi
I know i can rename the guest wifi and use that one for my personal use (because is stronger) but maybe should not be like that?

Example, at the screenshot below is the same when i have a 2760 the guest wifi signal is stronger, then i am using my 2850 again the wifi signal is stronger, and the current 2830 the same issue, have not tried yet my 2920

Both having same channel (seems there is not option to use separate wifi channel, both same type encryption (b+g+n - wpa 2)
No other channels in the range ... however even if i change channels still the same, is clearly something to do with signal strength
Also if you notice the first default wifi is little more unstable compare to guest one (right screen window which the blue line is floating a lot)

Is not complain but can Draytek look into it?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2014 12:18 #80778 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Wifi Guess Issue?
It's surely not possible for the two different SSIDs to have different signal strength as
they are both broadcast on the same signal... so something else is going on
here to do with how it's being measured, I guess....

Forum Administrator

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
24 Jul 2014 15:28 #80780 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Wifi Guess Issue?
Hi Thanks for reply, well i am not saying InSSIDer is the best tool, but i don't think is measure so wrong, it does detect correct, the n range, the transition 300mbps, the mac, the dbi, etc
Note that measurement was one meter far from the 2830n, so can not go that wrong

Other users complaining for wifi drops so according to the inSSIDer the main SSID is not steady, if a user is at more far direction could cause the 5 - 10 sec drops?
This is the same i notice & is happening with me other draytek models, the main SSID is weaker & less stable

I am not going for now to install almost all well known wifi analysers such xirrus, vistumbler etc to prove it (if will show the same issue) because is not complain but i think something is going on, perhaps driver fine tuning? I think worth draytek look into it

Thanks

Moderators: Sami