Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn dead after firmware upgrade

• jbalshaw
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2014 16:40 #80817 by jbalshaw
2820Vn dead after firmware upgrade was created by jbalshaw
Hi all,

I've upgraded the firmware of my 2820vn to the latest V3375, upgrading to V3352 on the way - everything seemed to have gone fine until I restored my setup. The router now just boots up with 8 solid lights out of 9 (the middle light of the 3x3 matrix is off).

I've found that by pressing the factory reset button and pressing the WPS button quickly, that I can ping the router on 192.168.1.1, but I can't seem to get anywhere further from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2014 19:33 #80819 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2820Vn dead after firmware upgrade
follow the link instructions but use the 3.3.7.5 (once you have already update to 3.3.5.2) it needs windows pc, not sure the order with mac pc
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18763#p77799
You need to use the *rst* file extensions which will clear everything of the previous firmware and also do all settings back from the begin
The reason start rebooting is because the old back up must have a conflict with the new 3.3.7.5 (which after the 3.3.5.2 has new wui according to the released notes)

• jbalshaw
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2014 11:50 #80822 by jbalshaw
Replied by jbalshaw on topic Re: 2820Vn dead after firmware upgrade
Thanks for the reply, but that's not working for me.

I can ping the router on 192.168.1.1 but cannot load firmware to it using the firmware update tool - while the 3 lights are flashing on the router I have done a port scan and found that port 69 (the tftp port) isn't open - the only open port seems to be port 80, but I cannot see a webpage if I try to open it. Have I broken it completely?!

Thanks, John

More
30 Jul 2014 14:21 #80824 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2820Vn dead after firmware upgrade
it may be your dhcp range of the router or the pc ... if you have changed the default ip at the vigor, set a similar range at the pc, this guide works with windows, so try again if you find one ... not sure the process with mac or linux etc
once you check the correct ip range while you set it manual at tftp (via holding the reset button & switch on the modem) just press the send button at the tool (as long you have done the correct steps), it should open the port by its self i think, you don't need any web page, that is why you need to set a static ip at the pc & close the firewall in the case it blocks ports ...
if you can ping the 2830 i think there still hope
:?: What (error) message is giving at the firmware utility tool? when you press the send button :?:

• jbalshaw
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2014 15:33 #80825 by jbalshaw
Replied by jbalshaw on topic Re: 2820Vn dead after firmware upgrade
Thanks, I've got it working now.. I wasn't using DHCP - I'd manually set the ethernet interface to be on the same subnet - but the problem was that I hadn't disabled the Windows firewall, so it's my fault for not following the instructions fully - sorry!

Moderators: Sami