DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 cannot access LAN on VPN

• anparkinson
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2014 08:25 #80820 by anparkinson
2860 cannot access LAN on VPN was created by anparkinson
If I connect to my VPN on my laptop as a remote dial in user from a remote location it works fine. I can access my IP camera and Dreambox satellite receiver by just typing in their fixed local IP addresses in my browser.

BUT, I cannot access my LAN. Normally at home my laptop and PC connect on the Windows network automatically. I need to be able to access the PC on the VPN when away from home in the same way.

I have a fixed IP address with my ISP. Other fixed IPs are:
Router IP 192.168.75.1
LAPTOP 192.168.75.13
PC 192.168.75.19

I have tried the Windows and Draytek VPN clients with the same results. I have ZoneAlarm firewall but the problem is the same if I disable it.

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2014 09:04 #80834 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 cannot access LAN on VPN

If I connect to my VPN on my laptop as a remote dial in user from a remote location it works fine. I can access my IP camera and Dreambox satellite receiver by just typing in their fixed local IP addresses in my browser. BUT, I cannot access my LAN.

What do you mean by "access my LAN" ? The second sentence seems to contradict the first...

Forum Administrator

• anparkinson
  • Topic Author
More
01 Sep 2014 17:31 #81125 by anparkinson
Replied by anparkinson on topic Re: 2860 cannot access LAN on VPN
What I mean is that when I'm away from home and connect to my VPN on my laptop I still want to be able to access my home LAN and see the folders I have shared on my desktop PC as I can when I'm at home.

When I'm away from home on the VPN currently, I cannot see my desktop PC in Networks, but I can ping it.

How can I resolve this

More
02 Sep 2014 09:16 #81135 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 cannot access LAN on VPN
Do you mean view the folders by 'browsing' ? Have you tried explicit paths, e.g. \\\192.168.1.10\mydata ?

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami