Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DrayTek Vigor 2920 Bandwidth Usage

• jacob922
  • Topic Author
More
04 Aug 2014 12:29 #80850 by jacob922
DrayTek Vigor 2920 Bandwidth Usage was created by jacob922
Hi,

I am trying to diagnose why Wi-Fi as well as Ethernet is very slow in our office.
How do I check usage on DrayTek Vigor 2920 Router ?
I would like to check how much of bandwidth is being used at the moment.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks,
Jacob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2014 13:04 #80851 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: DrayTek Vigor 2920 Bandwidth Usage
to check the online status > Physical Connection, it will show the active connections and the packets in total & the time of the modem is up & running
At diagnostics has few tools to check such Diagnostics >> Syslog Explorer > web syslog may find some useful informations under the small window "syslog type"
At Diagnostics >> Traffic Graph, under the the black window will show how many traffic is been used
At Diagnostics >> Data Flow Monitor will show the current bandwidth is using each active connection of a user (if a user downloading heavy will show over 4000 -10000 kbps)
http://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb_vigor_dataflowmonitor.html
At Wireless LAN >> Access Point Discovery can check if other wifi networks are in the same channel
Also sometimes slow connection it can be issue with the DNS servers, if you have change them at the 2920 try an other one such google or opendns just for testing, LAN >> General Setup

You will need to log to the modem and see how good the adls/vdsl connection is or have disconnections or errors (low snr magrin value), it may be the modem it self if both wifi & wired is slow ... if the line has problem then the 2920 will not show it because is not responsible for line issues, can contact the isp to check the line quality as well

Also if you are keep updating the firmwares of the 2920 with out a clean installation (use of the *RST* file) can cause the 2920 not function correct due to conflicts with previous firmware bugs/issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami