Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Fresh Install - SKY

• mrb007
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2014 15:25 #80865 by mrb007
Fresh Install - SKY was created by mrb007
Hi,

I have just placed my order for a 2860n router.

I have sky providing my internet I have already extracted the user name and password from my exisiting sky router.

What Iam looking for is a simple handy install guide.

I have searched for topics but not found anything. Can any one point me to an exisiting thread or page or let me know the best way?

Regards
Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2014 16:51 #80866 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Fresh Install - SKY
i m not with sky but here some links if helps you
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17238&p=79961&hilit=2860+sky#p79961
also it you type at the search bar (top right) here in the forum "2860 sky", should bring few topics

Latest firmware is 3.7.4.1 at UK download pages & latest beta (public) here
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19313&start=100
A master reset may need after firmware update (if you do update)

• mrb007
  • Topic Author
More
11 Aug 2014 11:52 #80917 by mrb007
Replied by mrb007 on topic Re: Fresh Install - SKY
Hi,

Ok I followed the instructions on this post which I have to say is very handy.

However although I can see on the front of the router the DSL light solid and when I login to the web admin I can see it picking up the correct upload and download speed I cant get internet access.

But I think this could be because of the DHCP options.

I should make you aware of that the current router is an old sky Sagemcom Model Number F@ST2504n NOT the SR101. I have been able to extract the username and password with wire-shark so no problems there! My new box is the 2860n using firmware version 3.7.4.1.

When setting up the DHCP option this seems to assume that you have an SR101 but I dont so could this be a problem?

The 2 DHCP setting you need to set up are

ip dhcp option -e 1 -w 1 -c 60 -v "1.15h.2138.R|001|SR101|serial_number" ______ I have not change the serial number as Iam not coming from an SR101

and then

ip dhcp option -e 1 -w 1 -c 61 -v "macaddress@skydsl|password" _________ I guess I should have swapped out the "macaddress@skydsl|password" for my details but I did not do this should I have???

I should also point out that the internet connection Iam trying to set this up on is not mine so I have to go back and forth its a friend of mine. I do have a saved wire-shark capture if needed.

Look forward to your help Mat

Moderators: Sami