Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3200 Losing Web Interface

• nevreg
  • Topic Author
More
07 Aug 2014 12:36 #1 by nevreg
Vigor 3200 Losing Web Interface was created by nevreg
Hi

We've been using a 3200 as our primary firewall and load balancer for a couple of years now, and I have no complaints with it at all.

However, over the last week or two, the web interface has started going down. Its only available internally and on port 8080. If I perform a port scan, the port is reported as being closed. When this happens, the core functionality isn't impaired. Internet connections work fine, port forwarding isn't affected and so on.

If I restart the device, it will come back up and be available with no problems for a couple of days, then just go offline again.

We haven't upgraded the firmware recently (more than 6 months ago was the last time, easily) and the only functional change is that we've removed an external IP from the IP aliases on WAN1 as that was to be assigned to another device. That device is connected alongside the 3200 to our primary fibre connection. Previously the draytek was connected directly to the fibre connection. However, all of this has occurred on WAN1 so I have a hard time thinking it's responsible for any connectivity issues on the LAN side.

Anyone any ideas? Or is the device just slowly dying?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami