DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3200 Firmware versions / Awful customer experience

More
12 Aug 2014 10:38 #80933 by tam
So, looking on the Draytek web-site for latest 3200 firmware shows version 3.3.7.2 dated August 2012....

Latest 3200 just purchased is running 3.6.5.2 dated November 2013

What is going on with Draytek? - Can they not even keep their web-site upto date with latest firmware images?
What is the difference between the versions, that is quite a big revision number step so expect a number of differences.

If I have a config backup from a 3.3.7 device can I just paste it to a 3.6.5.2 device?

Unit was also shipped in a 3200n box - which caused a heck of a confusion when received until it was opened and found to be just a 3200 inside.

Draytek going rapidly down hill it seems if they cannot keep their web-site upto date and ship kit in wrong boxes.. Draytek, what sort of image do you think this portrays to customers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2014 13:17 #80935 by broncogr
ftp://ftp.draytek.com.tw/Vigor3200/Firmware/
3.6.7 is the latest.
I wouldn't recommend using an older firmware backup on a newer firmware

More
12 Aug 2014 15:07 #80936 by admin
A bit overdramatic don't you think? "Awful customer experience" ?

It doesn't take much to traumatise you :-)

All DrayTek routers have a box for the 'series' not specific box
for each model. e.g. there is one box for Vigor2860, 2860n, 2860Vn, 2860n-Plus etc
and the panel on the end states what's actually in the box.

If I have a config backup from a 3.3.7 device can I just paste it to a 3.6.5.2 device?

That's quite a jump but I think it should normally be okay, but might be better to downgrade the router
first, restore the config, then upgrade the firmware.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami