DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 connected to Virgin

More
12 Aug 2014 19:36 #80939 by lesd
2860 connected to Virgin was created by lesd
Getting a backup Virgin line installed tomorrow and I want to be prepared to get it running on WAN2 of the 2860.

Any guidance on connecting the two would be much appreciated. Googling brings up all sort of things but nothing consistent or current.

Thanks

Les

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2014 22:56 #80941 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860 connected to Virgin
set the SH2 at modem mode (with this mode most settings such wifi, dhcp, etc will turn off by its self)
Go at wan>general set up>wan 2 ... enable, always on can aalso add name, the rest can stay by the default settings
Now go at wan>internet access & set it with static or dynamic ip
top left enable the small dot
mode: always on (default ARP)
MTU 1500
Specify an IP address, just tick it

reboot both (SH 2 & 2860) should work automatic ... if not, go at what is my ip address.com and see your public ip address and write it down at Specify an IP address with subnet musk (could be 255.255.255.255 or 255.255.255.0)
If i remember when you set the SH2 at modem mode then you need to use the cable at the LAN port which is near by the coax connector (closer or Lan 1 of the SH 2) ... then cable (rj45) to wan 2 of the 2860

More
13 Aug 2014 20:34 #80965 by lesd
Replied by lesd on topic Re: 2860 connected to Virgin
Thank you for the details. The engineer turned up but assumed there was cable already in the premisses. As there was none we now have to wait two weeks for cable to be laid and then book an appointment for a final fix. Sigh...

Les

Moderators: Sami