Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Time Quota Via IP Address

• iandrews
  • Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2014 14:36 #80972 by iandrews
Time Quota Via IP Address was created by iandrews
Hi,

I know you can set up a user under User Management and then add a Time Quota (so that a user can't browse for say more than 60 mins). I also know that you can apply a schedule so that a user can (or can't browse) between set time periods.

I think it's also possible to set up a schedule so that an IP address can (or can't browse) between set time periods. But what I would like to do is also be able to set a Time Quota on that IP address as well. Is that possible (without also having to get a user to "login" on the device).

***Info on why I want to do the above in case there is another way to do it***

I want to be able to restrict the length of time (i.e the quota) that my young son spends on youtube / iplayer etc on the ipad, however I don't want him to have to enter a username / password when he wants to start using it (it has been set up with a "fixed" DHCP IP address).

Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iandrews
  • Topic Author
More
20 Aug 2014 10:42 #81032 by iandrews
Replied by iandrews on topic Re: Time Quota Via IP Address
So it seems as though device (IP) Time Quota is not possible. So I set up User quota, and it works fine.

I also managed to figure out how to "automate" the login process, see http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19602

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami