DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850 drops Infinity 3-4 a day

• killickp
  • Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2014 10:09 #81011 by killickp
Vigor 2850 drops Infinity 3-4 a day was created by killickp
I have always used Drayteks and had a 2820 with my ADSL for over a year, but when I upgraded to Infinity I used the BT equipment.
BT install Infinity on the 10th April, I ran with the BT Modem and Business Hub 3 for 3 days and infinity was stable.
The BT hubs are not flexible enough and with 5 static IP's I soon went to my trusty 2820 and the BT modem connected to the WAN input.
I soon found that the Infinity would drop on the odd occasion and put this down to Infinity. After 4 weeks I purchased a 2850 and removed the BT router and configured the router for my network.

However again Infinity dropped at least 2-3 times a day, last week I called BT and they confirmed that Infinity had no issues at the Exchange or on my CAB but they could identify when my router dropped.
I could see this as I was running syslog and the time matched, BT recommended I remove all extension cabling, so did that I have a master socked with a phone and the router connected.

Within a few hours Infinity dropped and after 2 days and 4 drops I decided enough was enough and pulled the 2850 from my network.

I am running the rubbish BT equipment and it has managed 2 days without a single outage.

I am running the latest released firmware on the 2850, I can see lots of reports of Drayteks not working reliably with Infinity.

I do not plan on using the BT equipement for long and already purchased a CISCO for my business but I would like to report this as others may also have the same issue with reliability.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2014 12:46 #81014 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2850 drops Infinity 3-4 a day
Hi, sometime try different modes codes from here
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2453:vigor2850n&Itemid=417&lang=en#downloads
can use and annex B for vdsl no problem, they are good as well
also contact the support for different vdsl version

• killickp
  • Topic Author
More
20 Aug 2014 10:27 #81029 by killickp
Replied by killickp on topic Re: Vigor 2850 drops Infinity 3-4 a day
Many thanks, I have logged this with support to see what they say

More
20 Aug 2014 12:53 #81036 by zetsumei
Replied by zetsumei on topic Re: Vigor 2850 drops Infinity 3-4 a day
Is this a reboot or just a network drop? i have an issue with my 2850 where it reboots if i have upnp on.

More
09 Sep 2014 11:00 #81202 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: Vigor 2850 drops Infinity 3-4 a day
Hi Did you get anywhere with this issue.

I've just had infinity installed and cannot use the Draytek modem AT ALL so I'm using the BT one plugged into WAN2.

Would prefer to let the DRAYtek unit handle the VDSL model bit and remove the BT equipment..

Thanks in advance
Iain

Iain

Moderators: Sami