DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 crash/reboot - tips for debugging?

• kev160967
  • Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2014 15:10 #81016 by kev160967
2830 crash/reboot - tips for debugging? was created by kev160967
We have a 2830 which worked flawlessly whilst we were connected to Be broadband. Since they were acquired by Sky, and we are now on Sky Broadband, the router has started crashing or stopping passing traffic quite frequently.

Symptoms are:

Type 1 - straightforward router crash, reconnects ADSL then reconnects PPPoA

Type 2 - no crash, PPPoA still connected but can't ping or otherwise connect through the router. Dropping PPPoA and having it re-establish clears the problem.

Just wondering if there are any facilities I can use to try to find out what is triggering the problem? Can't see anything useful in the logs. Eldest son reckons it happens when his brother starts up Grand Theft Auto 4, but I'm not sure how reliable this is, especially since we had no problem before Sky. Biggest difference on the router between Be and Sky is that Be was MPoA and Sky is PPPoA. Obviously there are other configuration differences, but that's the biggest

Thanks,
Kev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2014 18:39 #81019 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: 2830 crash/reboot - tips for debugging?
I'm sure somebody else will suggest it, so to save them the effort; have you updated to the latest firmware?

• kev160967
  • Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2014 19:05 #81022 by kev160967
Replied by kev160967 on topic Re: 2830 crash/reboot - tips for debugging?

Takeo_Ischi wrote: I'm sure somebody else will suggest it, so to save them the effort; have you updated to the latest firmware?

Yes, latest firmware. I meant to add that since it was bound to be asked :-)

Updated when the crashing started, after moving to Sky, and again about two weeks ago when it seems to have got worse

Moderators: Sami