DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

hosts on public subnet not accessible from the Internet 2830

• jto
  • Topic Author
More
27 Aug 2014 13:52 #81094 by jto
I have a public subnet public subnet A.B.C.128/29, on the 2830 I have configured an "IP routed subnet" to A.B.C.134 (the router's external address) with a netmask of 255.255.255.248.

A server PC on IP A.B.C.129 can access the Internet OK, hosts on my 192.168.57.0/24 LAN can access the server on A.B.C.129 OK, however I cannot access the server PC on IP A.B.C.129 from the wider Internet. I can ping the server PC on IP A.B.C.129 OK from my 192.168.57.0/24 LAN but not from the Internet.

Any suggestions on how to make the server PC on IP A.B.C.129 visible through the 2830 router?

MTIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2014 17:33 #81171 by jonathanthornestsg
Replied by jonathanthornestsg on topic Re: hosts on public subnet not accessible from the Internet
Hi,

Go to Firewall, General Setup, tick the box to allow routing packets from WAN. Click Ok and reboot to enable.

Hope that helps

• jto
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2014 09:48 #81201 by jto

jonathanthornestsg wrote: Go to Firewall, General Setup, tick the box to allow routing packets from WAN.

Hi Jonathan, many thanks for the reply, unfortunately the router doesn't have an "allow routing packets from WAN" option on this page and a search of the manual doesn't find this text . . .

More
09 Sep 2014 23:40 #81206 by voodle
Which firmware? If it's 3.6.6.x or later, it should have it under Firewall - General Setup, it could be Block routing packet from WAN though, it is on my 2830, in which case, untick them if they're ticked :)

• jto
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2014 09:47 #81207 by jto

Voodle wrote: Which firmware? If it's 3.6.6.x or later, it should have it under Firewall - General Setup, it could be Block routing packet from WAN though, it is on my 2830, in which case, untick them if they're ticked :)

Many thanks for the reply Voodle. I'm running 3.6.6.1_sb_23220; I have no "Block routing packet from WAN" option either, and can't find that with a search of the manual . . . . I beginning to suspect I'm completely missing the point somewhere along the line :oops:, here's a screenshot of the page I see: http://www.basingstoke.me.uk/temp/2830screenshot.jpg

More
10 Sep 2014 19:22 #81210 by voodle
Hmm, try updating the firmware then.

Also, make sure that you haven't set up / duplicated the public IPs under LAN1, because that's NATted only, you need to use LAN2/3/4 or the IP routed subnet for routing to work.
Beyond that, try disabling the firewall to see if it makes a difference.

Moderators: Sami