DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New possible installation help

More
02 Sep 2014 18:00 #81141 by madex
New possible installation help was created by madex
Hey guys!

We have a new installation taking place.

The scenario is this :

4 cameras around the apartment block with 8 flats all having access to them via RTI in wall keypads.

So the kit is essentially a router / switch then 4 IP cameras and a home control system.

Now the tricky thing is how would we go about this?

Draytek router in each apartment, port 4 for example used with a different subnet (cameras) and using a firewall policy only allowing the camera traffic through?

Remembering the cameras will be on a Poe switch and each apartment will be linked to that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit stuck here and don't know the limitations yet of the draytek .

Matt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2014 09:21 #81179 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: New possible installation help
I'm not sure what an RTI keypad is, and I would check whether the home control system allows the sharing of cameras, but that sounds doable.

I would put the camera viewer and the connection to the IP cameras on a separate VLAN, that way the user's normal traffic wouldn't interfere with the camera viewer/IP cameras.

More
06 Sep 2014 14:03 #81181 by madex
Replied by madex on topic Re: New possible installation help
Thanks for reply, think i've sorted it.

2 separate LANS

LAN 1 - using port 1-3 for the standard 192.168.1.0 network
LAN 2 - using port 4 for the camera network

Created a firewall rule saying allow traffic from 192 - to the camera network (10.10.10.0/0) then a deny rule for everything else (the rule is LAN to LAN).

OH and interlan routing is enabled.

This will allow only traffic to the 10 network (cameras) will also not allow bleeding of other apartment networks onto the camera LAN too.

:)

I'm yet to test it though, but thanks for replying.

Moderators: Sami