DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n-plus - PC vpn drops every 7 minutes

More
27 Oct 2014 20:31 #81520 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: 2860n-plus - PC vpn drops every 7 minutes
Just read that again, wan2..Ewan!

Ok, shows I should not speed read.

Something else worth trying. Have you installed the syslog program or installed a usb stick to keep logs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mick171
  • Topic Author
More
29 Oct 2014 20:34 #81553 by mick171
Replied by mick171 on topic Re: 2860n-plus - PC vpn drops every 7 minutes
I don't see how using firmware with different dsl driver can make any difference. I am using wan2.

My VPN end point is the PC not the router. I think the key here is 7 minutes.. regular as clockwork. I am going to try an older version of the AT&T dialer.

mick

More
30 Oct 2014 20:27 #81577 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: 2860n-plus - PC vpn drops every 7 minutes

mick171 wrote: I don't see how using firmware with different dsl driver can make any difference. I am using wan2.

My VPN end point is the PC not the router. I think the key here is 7 minutes.. regular as clockwork. I am going to try an older version of the AT&T dialer.

With WiFi it's up but with Ethernet it fails? Suggests there's something wrong with the Ethernet as opposed to the internet connection...

Have you tried pinging some location (e.g. "ping google.com -t" and "ping vpn.yourworkplace.com -t") to see if it's the internet that's going down generally from that computer or just the VPN?

• mick171
  • Topic Author
More
01 Nov 2014 12:25 #81596 by mick171
Replied by mick171 on topic Re: 2860n-plus - PC vpn drops every 7 minutes
I used a backward level of the AT&T dialer and it doesn't drop every 7 minutes now. Clearly something is afoot between the new router and the latest AT&T Global client code.

I will have to eventually put the latest code level back in, but for now I'm done.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

mick

Moderators: Sami