Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Router

• eclipse2000
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2014 19:31 #81333 by eclipse2000
2820 Router was created by eclipse2000
Hi,

I have a small issue with our Draytek 2820 router which has just popped up. We have been using this router for 2 years with no problems.
We have a BT Business Infinity connection so the VDSL modem is connected in to WAN2 on the Draytek router for our internet connection which is great. 2 years this has been working fine until 5 days ago and for some reason the connection dropped for 10 minutes during the night. That morning we did a speed test on the BT Wholesale site and we were getting 7.06 download speeds, we normally get 74 ish. Through the day the speeds started to increase slowly and got to a max of 55meg. We called BT and they did some tests even to the point of sending an engineer out to check the line and no problems were found.
The speeds seem to be fixed now at around 55 meg. We tried to but the standard HUB3 router back on to test and whenever we do this we get our full 74 meg download speeds again but as soon as we put the Draytek back on the speeds seem to drop again to 55 - 60 ish.

What could i be missing. No config changes have been made, we have even removed the whole network and just had 1 pc direct in to the router and nothing is different.
I'm banging my head against the wall now. I don't want to loose the Draytek router as its a great router but i also don't want to be losing out on 15 meg.

Help

Thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2014 21:25 #81334 by destroyer
Replied by destroyer on topic Re: 2820 Router
The Draytek Vigor 2820 is only rated at 50Mbps firewall/routing throughput, are you sure you used to be able to get faster?

If you are certain you did, I would try resetting the Vigor back to factory defaults and reconfiguring from ground up, in case something has gone wrong in the config.

My other suggestions were possibly failing power supply unit or unit itsself, but I think given the product is only rated at 50Mbps perhaps you only ever had this?

More
04 Oct 2014 21:46 #81335 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2820 Router
yes the 2820 has up to 50 mbps throughput, but some others with vdsl they did manage to get close to 70 mbps
try to disable one or the other wan if is not in use because when both wans are enable may stolen or slow down the CPU
the 2860 has 200 mbps throughput

• eclipse2000
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2014 22:17 #81336 by eclipse2000
Replied by eclipse2000 on topic Re: 2820 Router
We 100% use to get the full speed.
It's been fine up until just this last week.
This is what we are getting now.

More
04 Oct 2014 22:26 #81337 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2820 Router
maybe something with the BT speedtester? sometimes (not often) i remember BT one had issues, have you tried an other such speedtest.net and speedtest.BBmax?

• eclipse2000
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2014 23:05 #81339 by eclipse2000
Replied by eclipse2000 on topic Re: 2820 Router

Moderators: Sami