DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Setup remote admin for Draytek

More
06 Oct 2014 20:19 #81349 by abyte
Setup remote admin for Draytek was created by abyte
I thought I had read the guide correctly and I have gone into the management area of the router and setup the external IP address I want to manage my customer's router from. Unfortunately when I go to the external IP address of my customer I don't get anything, I just get a page not displayed.

Has anyone else setup a Draytek 2860 for remote management directly from an external IP address?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2014 21:17 #81350 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Setup remote admin for Draytek
make sure the ip address of the customer has not changed

i think he may need log in first (especially if he did hard reset because by default the settings are off) with the default passwords or the one he currently has and he need to go at System Maintenance >> Management > Internet Access Control > Allow management from the Internet & tik the http/https etc
there are some options as well at System Maintenance >> Administrator Password Setup that may need change if you still don't get access at management menu

once the ip is correct & the allow management is enable it should give you access but again you need to have the username & pass

More
06 Oct 2014 21:25 #81351 by abyte
Replied by abyte on topic Re: Setup remote admin for Draytek
We have an active teamviewer connection to the main server so we can see and change all of those settings. Will take a look now :)

Thank you

More
06 Oct 2014 21:46 #81352 by abyte
Replied by abyte on topic Re: Setup remote admin for Draytek
Got it working now, thanks. I had forgotten to enable the internet ports as well.

Moderators: Sami