DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 v2 PPPoE issue?

More
21 Oct 2014 05:33 #81459 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor 120 v2 PPPoE issue?
Which ISP is this? It's not common for ISPs to lock onto MAC addresses any more, and Vigor 120's have never really needed a firmware update except in obscure situations!

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• badgernaut
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2014 10:08 #81460 by badgernaut
Replied by badgernaut on topic Re: Vigor 120 v2 PPPoE issue?
Orange Home (now EE).

Not saying that was the core problem, however setting the MAC address did correlate with a lack of drop-outs (i.e. losing DSL connectivity after an hour or two): could be pure coincidence.

Another issue was that I was setting the PPPoE Client Enable/Disable mode to Disable (thinking: "I don't want the modem to operate as a PPPoE client, that's what my router is", and having read a post in a forum saying that it should be disabled). Leaving it default-enabled seems to work! This is where the user manual is sorely lacking (and the option text for this misleading perhaps?).

The latest firmware claims to fix a couple of PPPoE/A issues, and works fine for me. I don't want to flash to an older firmware version to double-check, as I've got it all working!

Having had a wobble over these problems, I did do research into alternatives, but I can honestly say that the Draytek Vigor seems the best option (there aren't that many pure ADSL modems out there, seemingly...).

More
24 Oct 2014 18:11 #81498 by happyandrew
Replied by happyandrew on topic Re: Vigor 120 v2 PPPoE issue?
I have spent the whole day trying to get my 2930 to talk to the Vigor 120 to connect to TalkTalk. Still none the wiser. Looks like I am going to have to use talktalk's router and stick that onto the 2930. Something I didn't want to do.

More
24 Oct 2014 18:46 #81499 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 120 v2 PPPoE issue?

happyandrew wrote: I have spent the whole day trying to get my 2930 to talk to the Vigor 120 to connect to TalkTalk. Still none the wiser. Looks like I am going to have to use talktalk's router and stick that onto the 2930. Something I didn't want to do.

update to latest firmware from here
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor120%20V2/Firmware/v3.2.6.1/Vigor120_v2_v3.2.6.1_AnnexA/
& use the *rst* file for a clean instal, it solve some connections issues, the modem codes 3471101 344001 344101 should be the fasters
then while you have connected to to the pc for the update, adjust manually the TT settings, PPPoA, 0/38, vc mux, adsl2+(g 992,5), mtu 1432, pap (or auto) dns automatic
Plug into the phone socket, it should work good, it did mine (when i was with TT) without the latest firmware

Then at the 2930 enable PPPoE & use the username/pass there (if needs) .. in my days a username & pass was needed

Moderators: Sami