Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2960 with FTTC

• saschalopez
  • Topic Author
More
27 Oct 2014 18:28 #81518 by saschalopez
Vigor 2960 with FTTC was created by saschalopez
Hey all,
I've just got one of my two lines upgraded to FTTC (the other is due to be upgraded later in the week).

Got it to connect fine over both WAN ports when testing, however the download speed seems to max out at 15mbps.

The connection is with TalkTalk Business, and via a BT Openreach VDSL modem. When plugged in using the TalkTalk supplied router I get a speed of 65mbps +

The MTU is set at 1492, however I've tried with 1432 and 1400 also, and the same issue occurs.

Any ideas? I have a friend with the same setup (2960 via BT Openreach VDSL modem) using Vodafone, and his speed is great (although his firmware is 3 versions behind).

Using version 1.0.8.2 of the firmware.

Thanks in advanced for any ideas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2014 10:33 #81707 by jumpit
Replied by jumpit on topic Re: Vigor 2960 with FTTC
I had similar issue.
We have Virgin 100Mb and the Cisco part of the connection was set to 100 full duplex, the Draytek did not auto negotiate properly so I had to set to 100 Full also, viola full speed.

Hope this helps.

More
10 Nov 2014 11:09 #81710 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: Vigor 2960 with FTTC
Have you checked QOS?

• saschalopez
  • Topic Author
More
11 Nov 2014 12:29 #81714 by saschalopez
Replied by saschalopez on topic Re: Vigor 2960 with FTTC
Hi both,
Cheers for the replies. Just an update, seem to have gotten it working by deleting the WAN connections, and adding them back again. Maybe it was a setting stuck somewhere from when it was used for ADSL.

I've heard of the full duplex one before, and in fact had to do that on our BT leased line in work!

Thank you both again. Maybe this will help someone else if anyone has the same issue.

Best regards

Moderators: Sami