Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830N + leased Line

• itrinium
  • Topic Author
More
28 Oct 2014 18:20 #81524 by itrinium
2830N + leased Line was created by itrinium
Hi

We have a customer who has a new Fibre Leased line installed and we are trying to connect using a 2830N.

Single static IP with VLAN tag of 4094, everything works if I plug the ISP's Cisco in, but only inbound access works using the Draytek i.e. no internet access from within the LAN (although I can ping out through WAN2 on the router itself).

We want to use the Draytek so we can have ADSL backup and ISP not interested as not their router!

Has anyone got any ideas

Thanks

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2014 19:59 #81527 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2830N + leased Line
I don't have experience with leased lines but ... at wan > general set up>wan 2 have you enable the vlan tag there as well if need? then always on, give a name and also enable(top) yes

then wan > internet access > wan 2 > may need username/pass? or if you have fixed ip (static) use the option Specify an IP address also top left do not forget to press the small dot for enable
You may want to play there with the PPPoA/PPPoE, static or dynamic ip, L2TP because i don't know what the leased line use, but if the isp modem is bridged usually PPPoE it should be

More
28 Oct 2014 20:33 #81529 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: 2830N + leased Line
It might also be a MAC address thing? i.e. the ISP wants to see its own equipment's MAC address, and then when it sees the DraTek MAC address it goes a bit crazy?

• itrinium
  • Topic Author
More
28 Oct 2014 20:45 #81530 by itrinium
Replied by itrinium on topic Re: 2830N + leased Line
Hi

Thanks for everyone's help.

Problem cured by changing subnet mask from 255.255.255.254 to 255.255.255.0 - don't know why subnet given by ISP not working or maybe they give me wrong one (although it does check out on subnet calculator /31)

Mark

Moderators: Sami