Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 3.7.4.3 firmware issue

• cjtrevor
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2014 09:07 #81619 by cjtrevor
2860 3.7.4.3 firmware issue was created by cjtrevor
Hi,

I upgraded our 2860n-plus from 3.7.4.2 to 3.7.4.3 and after doing so we can no longer hear audio through our voip telephones, which are connected to a 3cx phone server on our network. I rebooted the 2860 router and the phone server but this didn't help.

I wasn't able to spend any time trying to diagnose further as we need the phones up and running. I put 3.7.4.2 back on the router and everything was working fine again.

Has anyone else come across this or know if there is a known issue?
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2014 11:03 #81624 by chrisw
Replied by chrisw on topic Re: 2860 3.7.4.3 firmware issue
2860n+ with 3.7.4.3 working just fine with 3cx here (all on local LAN) - though without knowing exact details on your network it is hard to advise/compare. Are your phones local or remote?

Chris

• cjtrevor
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2014 11:50 #81626 by cjtrevor
Replied by cjtrevor on topic Re: 2860 3.7.4.3 firmware issue
Hi, thanks for the feedback, that is really useful to know that it is working elsewhere.

Our 3cx server and phones are all local on the local network, all very much a "standard" setup as far as I am aware with all the open ports as per 3cx setup instructions. We have 2 WANS, virgin cable and ADSL FTTC, and use route policy to direct voip traffic via one provider and internet traffic to the other. Has worked fine since the day it was installed, through previous firmware updates, but on applying 3.7.4.3 we get no audio and on applying 3.7.4.2 all was working again.

I'll perhaps try upgrading again out-of-hours so that I can test in more detail and see if I can get any clues.

Moderators: Sami