DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2850 Port 4 only operating at 10/100

• lightpathit
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2014 12:46 #81629 by lightpathit
Hi,

I have a Draytek 2850 (without wireless) that is not working as expected. Up to now we have not used port 4. Now we need it we have noticed that it is only working at 100mb instead of 1000mb. WAN2 is disabled and it does communicate over the LAN correctly, we just can't get full speed out of it. We have tried different firmware's and checked the pins and nothing seems to be amiss. We've used multiple cables and tried connecting it to multiple devices, but nothing worked.

I am assuming the router is actually faulty, but thought I would check here first to see if anyone knew how to resolve it, or if it was a common fault amongst these routers.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2014 13:48 #81630 by babis3g
As far i know all 4 Lan ports are giga
If the green led at right (left indicate traffic) of port 4 is solid green it is connected at 10/100/1000 (giga)
Draytek ports are detecting automatic the Lan speed
Perhaps & if is not complicated try swap lan cables (so the devices connected to it) with one port does get 10/100/100 and see if will change

What you can troubleshot at wan>general setup>wan 2> set the auto navigation to auto or 100 full duplex ... i know is only for wan & should not matter but as i said because the lan ports are detecting automatic what mode to run the lan port see if this will help (you may need enable wan 2 to change options then turn it off again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami