DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N and BT Business Hub 5 in bridge mode - NOW WORKING

More
03 Nov 2014 14:58 #81634 by fidtz
Trying to get the BT Business Hub 5 working with the 2820n in bridge mode.

I seems from other sources that I should be able to use PPPoE but I get no connection at all (default settings for PPPoE except user name and password). Not sure if the Multi-PVC settings are relevant here?

Has anyone got this working or have any idea of settings on the Draytek that I might try?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2014 15:33 #81635 by babis3g
Hi not with BT & Business but it seems i have seen first the thread so some basic guides if helps
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19740#p81614
Wan > internet access at PPPoE tab - Instead of dynamic ip chose fixed ip & type the static ip address /subnet from your isp

More
03 Nov 2014 15:46 #81637 by fidtz
Thanks for replying. I have tried dynamic and fixed (we have a static IP from BT) but no joy.

The one message I can find on the Draytek is "PPPoE: no response from server side" on the Online Status tab. That says something fundamental to me put maybe that is the only error message available!

More
03 Nov 2014 16:18 #81638 by sicon
No response from server side usually means the modem..., in your case the BT hub so there could be something wrong with it.
Does the BT hub connect up ok on its own?

More
03 Nov 2014 16:31 #81641 by fidtz
Yep, if I switch off bridge mode, I get a full internet connection with no problems (without the Draytek). When bridge mode is on, the DSL connection is shown as being up when connecting on a static ip ont he LAN. I have re-booted (many times) of course and the connection is always ok.

More
03 Nov 2014 16:52 #81642 by babis3g
when the modem is at bridge mode have you tried the username & pass from your account or any similar BT may use? i am sure must need fixed ip and add the ones from the isp (check the ones inside the HB)
Also when the HB is bridged try change the Lan port of the HB example if you have the cable (BT BH to draytek) at lan 4 > wan 2 try LAn 1 > wan 2 at draytek ... if will make difference & make sure you have connected to 2820 wan2 port

also take a look this
http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13720/~/how-do-i-enable-bridge-mode-on-my-bt-business-hub%3F
If it needs to be enable dhcp at the BT HB then can disable the dhcp at draytek (lan>general setup>details page) or change the ip range from 192.169.1.10 to 192.168.1.100 & let the BT HB at lower range

Moderators: Sami