DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N and BT Business Hub 5 in bridge mode - NOW WORKING

More
03 Nov 2014 17:12 #81647 by fidtz
I have the username and password - I know these work for the standard set up.

Unfortunately, the "Business" Hub 5 just has Bridge Mode = Yes/No and no settings. Yes disables DHCP, routing etc.

I have tried all the various settings in Multi-PVC on the Draytek though not all VPI/VCI settings (I have tried 0/30 and 1/101).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2014 22:34 #81668 by babis3g
i think it does not need any settings at pcv, for just setting the HB & use the 2820 as simple router only
just settings at wan>general setup & wan> internet access for setting the wan 2 to work with the HB

More
06 Nov 2014 08:13 #81670 by fidtz
Having spoken to BT, they said that bridge mode does not work on the BH5 out of the box despite being in the UI but it (currently at least) needs a firmware update. Crossed fingers for that.

They also confirmed there will be no more VDSL modems available and bridge mode on the BH5 is all they will support for use with 3rd party routers.

More
06 Nov 2014 08:45 #81671 by babis3g
well i don't know if my suggestion will help you because the method below can not use port forward if you need due to double NAT
So just in case if you don't need this feature, until they will update the HB can use the HB only for modem by changing its IP address (if is the same as the vigor) disable wifi,dhcp for not any coflict
here how option 2,
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19712#p81508

More
06 Nov 2014 09:40 #81676 by fidtz
In the BH5, I think it might be possible in your second option to set up static routes that route all traffic to the draytek and set up the reverse on the Draytek. However, I have no wish to go down that road as it will be horrible forever.

More
06 Nov 2014 16:06 #81679 by fidtz
BT updated my firmware from 4.7.5.1.83.8.198 to 4.7.5.1.83.8.200 and PPPoE worked first time once I switched bridging mdoe on again. Thanks for your suggestions!

Moderators: Sami