Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3900 WAN IP Alias problem

• modainpelle
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2014 16:24 #81654 by modainpelle
3900 WAN IP Alias problem was created by modainpelle
Hello,

I'm trying to set up some WAN IP Aliases on a Draytek Vigor 3900 and I'm running into a bit of a strange problem.

We have an EFM from TalkTalk. The IP addresses they have supplied are in two blocks. 178.239.xxx.54/31 (used for TalkTalk's router and the 3900) and 212.58.xxx.40/30. I want to set up a couple of addresses from the second block as WAN IP Aliases, so I can use them with Multi-NAT for some services whose ports would otherwise clash.

So, on the router config I went to WAN -> General Setup, selected the WAN in question and clicked Edit, opened the 'Static' tab and added the four IP addresses to the IP Alias list and clicked Save. Everything seemed fine at first and I was able to ping the aliases from my PC. But very shortly afterwards, before I had the chance to set up any port forwards on the aliases, I noticed that the VPN connections had dropped and I started getting reports that some existing port forwards had stopped working.

When I took the IPs out of the IP Alias list and the problem went away.

The router firmware version is 1.0.7.1.

Has anybody got any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks.

Regards,

Matt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2014 18:57 #81681 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: 3900 WAN IP Alias problem
Well in case it's a bug how about upgrading the firmware to the latest version. Early versions of the firmware for both the 2960 and 3900 were so poor they were basically bricks and useful for propping doors open. The latest version is 1.0.8.2

More
23 Dec 2014 12:20 #82175 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 3900 WAN IP Alias problem
there is a new firmware 1.0.9 at draytek Taiwan with many fixes plus

Improved: Support WAN Port and IP Alias options for PPTP Dial Out connection.

...if helps
soon should come & to the UK download pages

Moderators: Sami