DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2960 using wan1 routing stops after 24 hrs

• jmccullo
  • Topic Author
More
12 Nov 2014 00:34 #81732 by jmccullo
Hi - I've got a Vigor 2960 with dual Wan connections and on firmware 1.0.9. Wan1 is connected in routing mode to a FTTH router (bridge mode has been disabled on it) which is at 192.168.1.1 and the FTTH router has a DMZ set up to 192.168.1.40 which is the DHCP address that it allocates to the Wan1 port of the 2960. The Wan2 is in NAT to another router in bridge mode that allocates a "proper" internet address. Internal network is 192.168.211.0/24 with the lan address of the 2960 as 192.168.211.254. There's only 1 lan.

This all works fine for about 24 hours, then I intermittently stop getting http internet connection - some websites work, some don't - it's like something is starting to get screwed up in the routing table. If I then change Wan1 to NAT, everything bursts into life again but I'm concious that I'm dual NATing which seems a waste of resource on the router. This also causes my VPN to go flaky in that the connection stays up but access to the hosts on the other side of the vpn goes up and down for no good reason that I can think of - see my other posts on this one.

Am I doing something stupid in the routing setup that might cause this problem? Any ideas much appreciated.

Thx John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jmccullo
  • Topic Author
More
14 Nov 2014 07:46 #81761 by jmccullo
I think I may have got to the root of the problem - it's been going for nearly two days without a hitch. I had Wan1 routing, but in "Routing/Policy route" I had some items set as NAT via Wan1 and I think this was confusing things. I'll keep monitoring, but following disabling all of my "policy routes" all has been OK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami