DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2920 Unresponsive

• neilb1701
  • Topic Author
More
20 Nov 2014 08:54 #81871 by neilb1701
2920 Unresponsive was created by neilb1701
Hi our Draytek 2920 has been working OK for a while now with no other changes to it config however, for a month now we have to reboot it every 2 days as it seems to grind to a halt.
The series of events are: Days 0 reboot, Day 1 Draytek manager allows me to login however I get a HTTP 500 message. Day 2, No log on screen, internet slows right down, Day 2.5 all traffic stops and router must be turned off and back on again.

I have done the following to try and correct the issue:
1. Downloaded the 3.6.7.1 firmware again and applied the .all file. No change.
2. Yesterday I applied the .rst file to wipe the draytek completely, I then rebuilt the configuration from scratch.

This morning I am able to log in but am getting the HTTP 500 message so the router will need powering off and back on again.
The router is configured with a Always on WAN 2 which is our Fibre connection, WAN 1 is configured as Backup when WAN2 fails.
Only one LAN is used and 4 open ports form SMTP, remote access.

Please can you advise what we should do next to get this system stable.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2014 09:30 #81872 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2920 Unresponsive
try at lan > general setup>details page> at right to set the dns manually
on exit at lan>general set up again tick the option force router to use lan 1 & ok
see if is better

remember after each firmware update is better using the *rst* file extensions which helps for a clean instal (avoiding conflicts of previous firmwares older features)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami