Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860n DHCP-boot problem

• pentaczek
  • Topic Author
More
29 Nov 2014 00:10 #1 by pentaczek
Vigor 2860n DHCP-boot problem was created by pentaczek
Dear All,

Recently I have started setup in my home network of server that would allow me to boot my laptop(s) over network.
To perform this task I'm using external Qnap matrix, with installed and configured TFTP server and PXE.

Technically setup seems to be working fine, because when I'm enabling DHCP on matrix and disabling DHCP on my Vigor 2860n.
Laptop gets IP from DHCP on matrix, then connection to TFTP is going through and I can choose image I want to load.

The problem is that I want to stick to my Vigor DHCP server and so far I cannot make it to work.
When Vigor is working as my DHCP server my adventure with PXE ends the same way everytime - PXE-E32 TFTP Open Timeout

What I did so far :
* in Vigor advanced DHCP settings i have set option 66 to IP address of my TFTP server on Qnap matrix.
* in Vigor advanced DHCP settings I have set option 67 to boot file name that should be used ("pxelinux.0") (file is in root TFTP directory)
* I have found also that option 150 is responsible for TFTP - also set to IP address of Qnap.
Unfortunately nothing changed..
Due to lack of information on the topic, I decided (blind move) to look for some settings by logging to Vigor via SSH.
I used command srv dhcp tftp <ip>, hoping that this will set TFTP to external IP.... however the issue persists.

Have you had any experiences with using Vigor and external TFTP servers ?
Any help, suggestions, are veeeeery appreciated!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami