Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

L2TP LAN to LAN problem

• markdym1
  • Topic Author
More
16 Dec 2014 10:36 #82112 by markdym1
L2TP LAN to LAN problem was created by markdym1
Hi

I have setup an L2TP LAN to LAN VPN from a Vigor 2830n-Plus in a remote office to a Vigor 2830 at our office

The nPlus is not the gateway for that office. I have configured WAN2 Ethernet to connect to the gateway.

I have followed the instructions in the Draytek online articles. I ran the configuration setup past a Draytek Support Technician who said it should work fine. I have also configured the n-Plus to give out addresses via DHCP.

The n-Plus network where the LAN to LAN VPN connection is initiated uses 10.208.73.xxx. The 2830 network that receives the LAN to LAN VPN connection uses 192.168.0.xxx. The DHCP addresses given out by the n-Plus are in the same 10.208.73.xxx range.

I have setup the n-Plus at the remote office and the tunnel is initiated and its status is reported as being online. The 2830 has received the connection and reports the same 'online' status.

My problem is that when I connect a client wirelessly to the n-Plus, the client is unable to navigate to our network or connect to the Internet.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markdym1
  • Topic Author
More
18 Dec 2014 10:06 #82133 by markdym1
Replied by markdym1 on topic Re: L2TP LAN to LAN problem
I have tried various things to troubleshoot this including enabling RIP on both routers and disabling the firewall on the laptop at the remote office.

Does anyone know what the issue may be? If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful if you could post them.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami