DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 with 3.7.4.4 firmware - solved

• tony@tonyholt.net
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2014 13:22 #82151 by tony@tonyholt.net
Vigor 2860 with 3.7.4.4 firmware - solved was created by tony@tonyholt.net
I've been using Vigor routers for 10 years and earlier this year invested in a new 2860. It shipped with the 3.7.3.3 firmware. A week ago I upgraded to 3.7.4.4 firmware using the .all version to retain settings. Upgrade appeared to work fine and I thought that was job done and moved on.
A couple of days ago I needed to block an external IP address i.e. reject a connection from that IP address on the WAN port to stop it coming on to my LAN.
I thought this would be a 2 minute job using Firewall Filters - but I was wrong.
I spent about 4 hours reading suggestions and how-to's and using multiple browsers, but couldn't make the OK button visible if I selected either 'Block Immediately' or 'Block if no Further Match'.
The OK button to commit a new rule was only available if I selected a Pass variant.
This morning I bit the bullet, took the hit and spent a further 4 hours bottoming the issue.
I manged to find old 2860 firmware versions on the internet - they don't seem to be available from Draytek. I reinstalled the (original) 3.7.3.3 firmware using the .rst version (and spent an hour manually reentering all setup details).
On this version the Firewall Filter Block settings worked fine as did everything else(regardless of the browser used).
I then backed up this config before upgrading the router to 3.7.4.3 where again everything worked fine.
Finally (to retain my sanity) I upgraded to 3.7.4.4 and again the Firewall Filter block functionality is broken.
Only a minor failing (but it is frustrating) is that in 3.7.4.4 the admin screen auto-logout seems very premature, regardless of any settings you allocate. This again seems to work as expected in 3.7.4.3.
Needless to say I'm now back on the 'good' 3.7.4.3 firmware and I'm a happy bunny with sanity restored.
I love Vigor routers and have learned a lot on this forum, so hopefully this post will save others some frustration, down-time and hassle.
Good luck !! Tonyh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2014 22:39 #82154 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2860 with 3.7.4.4 firmware - solved
Hi, Thanks
For previous firmwares can always look here
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/

• tony@tonyholt.net
  • Topic Author
More
21 Dec 2014 08:52 #82156 by tony@tonyholt.net
Replied by tony@tonyholt.net on topic Re: Vigor 2860 with 3.7.4.4 firmware - solved
Thanks Babis for the info on how to get older releases. This is a great help because it means the download comes from a trusted and authoritative source. Thankyou.

Moderators: Sami