DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Connecting V2860N to BT Infinity

• sub101uk
  • Topic Author
More
26 Dec 2014 09:11 #82185 by sub101uk
Connecting V2860N to BT Infinity was created by sub101uk
I have just switched over from a BT ADSL link to BT Infinity and have been using the supplied BT Home Hub Wireless Router which I have found to be not good and keeps on locking up , Before I changed over I my router was a ADSL Dray Tek 2820VN and found it to be a first class router .

I was thinking of replacing the BT Router with a Dray Tek V2860N however I have been reading its not a straight forward job , I was thinking of going into the settings on the BT Router and take a Picture of all the settings for a reference for setting up the 2860n router . Any thoughts for any other members of the forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2014 09:45 #82186 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Connecting V2860N to BT Infinity
Hi i am not BT customer but is similar setup with this guide
The only tricky can be the username/pass
http://www.broadbandbuyer.com/Info/Article.asp?TextID=2106
http://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb/kb_vigor_v2850_setup.html

• sub101uk
  • Topic Author
More
26 Dec 2014 11:15 #82187 by sub101uk
Replied by sub101uk on topic Re: Connecting V2860N to BT Infinity
Many Thanks babis3g I will have a look see at the Dray Tek site , But from looking at the site it looks straight forward . I will take a Snip of the setup settings on the BT Hub so it should be just a case of using the same settings .I did set up the old Dray Tek ADSL router in the same way so hope it should be very much the same .

More
29 Dec 2014 21:01 #82206 by toekneem
Replied by toekneem on topic Re: Connecting V2860N to BT Infinity
I'm using the 2860 in place of the HH5 and there is no problem with the set up. Should take no longer than a few minutes. Use settings as shown on the Draytek site and use your BT supplied username. On mine I left the password blank but cannot remember if I used the "spacebar".

Remember the VLan ID of 101

• sub101uk
  • Topic Author
More
29 Dec 2014 22:09 #82207 by sub101uk
Replied by sub101uk on topic Re: Connecting V2860N to BT Infinity
Thanks tonym

Yes I had no problems when I went over to my Dray Tek 2820Vn on my old ADSL link but Thought I would double check that the 2860n was going to be ok with BT infinity . As Dray Tek seems to be a much better router that BT Home Hub .But I will take a screen shot of all the settings on the HH then copy them over to the 2860N .

Thanks again

Sub101uk

Moderators: Sami