DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n management via the internet / drops VDSL

More
08 Jan 2015 11:50 #82274 by edc
Hi all

Recently got a 2860n up and running on a BT Infinity line, replacing an older Vigor/Openreach modem combo. Generally seems to be working fine.

However, I would like to be able to manage the router from outside, as I did with the old router. I go to System Maintenance > Management and tick the "Allow management from the Internet" box. Logic would suggest that this is how to achieve this.

However, as soon as I do so, and then reboot the router, the DSL stops working. The router will not connect to the internet.

As soon as the "Allow management from the Internet" box is unticked again (and then the router rebooted), the DSL comes back to life again.

Any suggestions/obvious errors that I am making?

Thanks

Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2015 18:16 #82281 by babis3g
if was you i would try to fine tune the dsl settings at wan > general setup, such to chose manually vdsl2, always on ... & wan > internet access pap, correct mtu 1492, ppoe llc snap etc and see if still makes issues to the dsl part
Maybe if you have enable DoS try disable if still makes the issue
Alternative use the *rst* file extension for a clean instal (note this will reset back to factory defaults all settings) & latest firmware 3.7.8 (still only at main Taiwan download page)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami